Happy new year. Here’s my #InfoSec predictions for 2018*
- The “turn on 2FA + use a password Manager + update your operating system” benchmark will be deemed to be too hard.
- The ‘Protect our Spaces‘ petition will sit online, silently mocking those who signed it as they continue to show up at events that don’t actually live up to it.
- Blockchain whataboutery will shift to use cases for surveillance.
- Ransomware attacks… without the ransom?!?
- Something else will “threaten to destroy the internet” unless you sign a petition now. And then another. And another.
*Terms and conditions apply. All predictions made in under 5 minutes. All predictions were made with a cynical state of mind. Any predictions that come true will be lauded by the author across social media with the phrase, “called it.”